Leather goods care
Maintaining your Mauboussin handbag in good condition
All Mauboussin leather goods are developed with the utmost care and verified before delivery. After use, we recommend that you store it in its cover, away from light, humidity and heat.
Here are some maintenance advice to take good care of you leather goods:
- Apply gently a colorless wax or cream and a polish cream using a soft, dry cloth on your bag. Let dry then polish it with a cleaning cloth.
- Keep your bag away from the rain. In case of frequent use in wet weather, we recommend that you resort to a waterproof spray in order to preserve it.
- Avoid any contact with greasy and corrosive products or any solvent or alcohol-based substances. (perfumes for instance.)
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure
- Take care to prevent your bag getting scratched from friction against abrasive surfaces. If the corners are particularly worn out, apply a colored cream and then a transparent one. We recommend these creams available in shoe repair shops: Saphir, Famaco, Grison. These are the same products as those used for shoes.
Repair or customization of your Mauboussin handbag
You can have your handbag repaired or customized (to adjust the shoulder strap for example) by going to a leather goods cobbler or a saddler.
Here are a few adresses in Paris:
L’Epée de cuir, 6 rue de l’épée de bois, 75005 Paris.
La maroquinerie française, 19 rue Penthièvre, 75008 Paris.
Au vrai sellier, 219 rue de Bercy, 75012 Paris.
Atelier Beaumarchais, 30 rue de Turbigo, 75003 Paris
Shipping of your Mauboussin handbag
Your Mauboussin leather bag will be provided in a thin felt cover and a carboard box with the brand logo printed on it.
The orders are shipped on working days (from Monday to Friday) and delivered upon signature by Skynet, our private carrier within 48h to 72h in mainland France.